ID Restore powered by EZShield
Identity Theft is currently the number one crime in America and continues to grow exponentially. In 2014 alone, data breaches exposed 85 million confidential records and reportedly doubled in 2015. To address this exponentially growing problem, Energy Capital Credit Union has partnered with EZShield to provide an award winning Identity Theft Protection program called ID Restore powered by EZShield.
For only $2.00 per month you can help protect yourself from Identity Theft. As an Energy Capital Credit Union member, you have access to this low cost high value service. By enrolling, you will have immediate access to a resolution specialist to report a lost wallet or occurrence of fraud or identity theft.
We are offering our members an affordable, comprehensive plan to address ID theft. Here are the services you can expect from the program:
- Education and Preventative Measures
- Secure Online Wallet to securely track all your credit cards, passwords and IDs
- Activity Report and News
- Breach and Fraud News Announcements
- One time Black Market Scan
- Certified Resolution Specialist
If you are not currently enrolled in the IDRestore Program, meet all of the qualifications below and would like to enroll, please visit your nearest ECCU branch to enroll in the program.Upon enrollment, you will receive an email from EZShield directing you to create your online account.
To create your online account, please visit idrestore.ezshield.com/energycapital. No billing information is collected or required if you elect to take advantage of these value-added services.
What happens if a member's identity is stolen?
- The member will call EZShield at (844)428-5222
- Each situation is evaluated by the resolution specialist
- The resolution specialist will assist with contacting law enforcement, credit agencies and other providers
- The resolution specialist assists the member in correcting financial, medical, tax and criminal records as needed
- Fraudulent accounts are closed promptly
- The member's identity is restored to pre-theft status
Members may opt out of this program at any time. Members may opt out by writing a letter, emailing email@example.com, calling (832) 604-4848 or in person at any Energy Capital Credit Union location.
*To qualify for this service, you must maintain a minimum of $100 in any account excluding S15, Certificates of Deposits, or S20 accounts, also you must have a social security number on file and be 18 years or older.