Shared Branching & ATM Network
Information regarding Shared Branches
Energy Capital Credit Union has a Shared Branch and ATM network that offers 30,000 surcharge free ATM locations and 5,000 locations including 200 in Texas and Arkansas. Anywhere you see the CO-OP Shared Branch locator logo, you can conduct a range of transactions including deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, transfers between accounts, purchase money orders, travelers checks, official checks and more.
Locations can be found simply by typing your zip code into our ATM Shared Branch locator on the home page of our website or on the CO-OP Shared Branch Mobile Application. Check out a convenient location while on vacation or business for those unexpected emergencies should a need arise.
Looking to deposit a check? Use our Mobile Check Deposit service to receive your funds more quickly.
What you need to know before visiting a Shared Branch
For your protection, you will need the following information to perform transactions.
- VALID form of identification
- Please note: All valid forms of ID must be current (not expired) and include a photo and signature.
- Accepted forms of identification include:
- Valid State-issued Driver's License or Identification Card US and Canada
- Undocumented Federally Restricted Driver's License
- Valid Passport, US or issued by a foreign country if authenticity can be verified
- Valid Permanent Resident Card or Resident Alien Card
- S. Military Card ID (Active Duty Personnel ID will have no signature. Can use expired State ID or DL with US Military ID with the smart chip)
- Valid Matricula Consular ID card
- Texas Concealed Handgun License (Texas Shared Branches only)
- Last 4-digits of the member's or joint owner's Social Security number
- Complete address
- Your member number and complete account and/or loan number
Joint and non-member transactions
Joint relationships on member accounts: You will only be able to transact on the account on which you have a joint relationship.
Non-members:You may make deposits that do not involve cash back and make loan payments. You will be required to present one of the acceptable forms of ID listed above and sign for the transaction.
Cash Withdrawals: Cash withdrawal limits are set by the shared branch. However, shared branches are required to make available a minimum of $500 in cash, per member, per day, based on fund availability in the account.
Check Withdrawals: Check withdrawals of more than $10,000 will be verified with ECCU via phone.
Fund availability after cashing a check is based on the policy of the shared branch. If you need funds within five days of depositing your check, please download the ECCU Mobile Banking app to use Mobile Check Deposit or visit an ECCU Branch closest to you.
Checks must meet the following requirements:
- Checks must have proper endorsements
- Checks must be payable to the member or joint owner
- Checks must not be a third-party item or contain restrictive endorsements
- Checks must be payable in US Funds from a US financial institution
- Checks must not be a collection item
- Checks must not be drawn from the member's account or joint account at ECCU
- Jointly payable income tax refund checks will be accepted only if both parties are present, endorse the checks in the presence of the teller and have valid ID
Additional considerations for check deposits:
- Shared branches will not cash checks
- Check deposits cannot be split into more than one account
Do I have to join the shared branch's credit union?
No, a shared branch may not solicit you to join their credit union.
Please take the following into consideration to determine if shared branching will meet your needs.
- You cannot make mortgage payments at shared branches.
- Shared branches may refuse to perform transactions for members who have committed fraud or are disruptive to other members.
- Shared branches can only process transactions in-person. (No phone transactions are permitted)
If you experience any issues at one of our shared branches, please contact us at (832) 604-4848.